Patsy Cline is an artist that has influenced generations of entertainers in many genres of music. Her irrepressible charm, confidence and tenacity allowed her to succeed in the male-dominated industry of her time. Patsy's captivating vocals are haunting and sentimental, and her timeless records are some of the finest examples of the Nashville Sound.
Patsy Cline recorded 102 masters in 34 sessions; these performances are cataloged and cross-referenced with lists of issues, musicians, songs and songwriters. Session view catalogs of Patsy's transcriptions, concerts, radio and television performances are available. You'll also find a list of Patsy Cline overdubs and remixes that have been produced through the years. A guide to instrument abbreviations used throughout the discography is found on the Indexes menu. Click on the Miscellanea menu to find related articles of interest.
- “Issue(s)” and “release(s)” are used interchangeably throughout this discography.
- Formats are displayed beside issue titles; catalogue prefixes are ignored to prevent redundancy.
- LP albums with simultaneous mono and stereo releases list the catalogue number of the stereo issue.
- Foreign singles are ignored, unless the disc contains different performances than its domestic counterpart.
- Various artist releases are listed only if the issue is from an original label, or if a rare performance is included.
- Reissues with identical programming (including some with different titles or artwork) are listed in the notes of the original release; audiophile issues are the exception.
- Issues after 2013 are listed only if the release is from a reputable label, or if the compilation includes rare material.
This discography was generated using BRIAN, Steve Albin's software application for the creation of discographies.